Dr. Drew Harmata
From experiences in the research laboratory and a biotechnology-focused small venture, Dr. Harmata is dedicated to the transition of diagnostic strategies from research concepts to commercialized CLIA-validated tests in order to improve early detection of autoimmune conditions in ailing patients.
Dr. Harmata is a graduate of the University of Virginia where he received his bachelor’s degree in Biomedical Engineering, with distinguished honors. Additionally, he earned his Ph.D. in Chemical & Biomolecular Engineering from Vanderbilt University and was awarded an Oak Ride Institute for Science and Education (ORISE) Fellowship.
Dr. Harmata’s published work focuses on the development of injectable, settable, synthetic bone cements to aid healing in bacterially contaminated bone fractures in weight-bearing anatomical locations.
Diagnostic Information Technology – Analytics and Algorithms that are Improving Care and Lowering Costs
Understanding how each individual metabolizes specific pharmaceuticals; knowing whether a person’s DNA is more likely to respond positively or negatively to certain therapeutics; and understanding gene expression patterns – knowing whether a gene is “turned on” or “turned off” are evolutionary keys to:
- Knowing whether a prescription drug therapy plan is working as intended, providing no clinical value, or causing harm
- Evaluating a person’s likely response to a life-changing treatment plan
- Confirming a Yes or No complex autoimmune diagnosis
In the truest sense of the word, today’s breakthroughs in diagnostic information technology are elevating the health system’s ability to provide the most effective care, at the most appropriate time at the most reasonable costs.
Join us for a dynamic panel discussion where we explore how the diagnostic information technology revolution is reshaping and redefining population health management. Game-changing companies located here in the southeast will represent the panel:
- Sano Informed Prescribing (thinksano.com) – Timothy P. Ryan, PhD, Founder, CEO/CSO, Sano Informed Prescribing
- IQuity (iquitylabs.com) – Drew Harmata, PhD, CEO
- NextDxGx (nextgxdx.com) – Gillian Hooker, PhD, CGC, Vice President, Clinical Development
- RBConsulting (teamrbcmarketing.com) – Robert Berra, Principal