Jennifer Dennard is founder of #healthITchicks, a growing social networking community of women (and men!) focused on raising awareness of gender-related issues in healthcare IT and the workplace at large. She is also co-host of HITcast, a new podcast from Health Standards that explores the industry with today’s innovators and leaders.
Breaking the Glass Ceiling: Lessons Learned for Aspiring Female Executives
The health IT field has emerged as a distinct profession with meaningful and well-paying careers. For women, achieving pay equity with their male counterparts and achieving positions at the highest levels in health organizations has proven difficult. This session hosts lessons learned, experiences, and counsel from female executives who have achieved much in the health IT field. What propelled these panelists to success – Ambition? Leadership? Networking? Performance? Smarts? How have these executives addressed personal, professional, and organizational challenges? How can their success inspire others to excel not only in health IT, but other areas too?
Moderated by: Carla Smith, MA, CNM, FHIMSS, HIMSS Executive Vice President @CarlaMSmith
- Dana Alexander, Divurgent @DanaN2Health
- Diane M. Carr, MA, FHIMSS, Healthcare Executive and Educator
- Willa Fields, DNSc, RN, FHIMSS, Professor at San Diego State University
- Miriam Paramore, FHIMSS, Lucro Marketplace @miriamparamore
- Jennifer Dennard, Founder, #HealthITChicks
- Discuss advancement strategies for female executives looking to excel in the health information technology field.
- Evaluate different leadership styles of female executives and the impact they may have on their career path.
- Discuss the impact that female executives can have an organization.