Dr. Tim Ryan
Timothy P. Ryan, PhD is a seasoned scientist with more than 20 years’ experience in the pharmaceutical industry. Dr. Ryan has led groups in Toxicology, Genomics, Informatics, and Translational Sciences, developing a unique cross-disciplinary view of pharmaceutical research and development that led to the inception of Sano. He has presented lectures and published manuscripts, book chapters, and reviews in all of these disciplines.
Prior to Sano, Dr. Ryan most recently held an advisory role as a Research Fellow in the Department of Toxicology, Drug Disposition, and Pharmacokinetics/Pharmacodynamics at Lilly Research Laboratories. Dr. Ryan received his undergraduate degree in Biochemistry from Michigan State University and his doctorate in Molecular Biology and Toxicology under the direction of Dr. Steven D. Aust from the Biotechnology Center at Utah State University.
Diagnostic Information Technology – Analytics and Algorithms that are Improving Care and Lowering Costs
Understanding how each individual metabolizes specific pharmaceuticals; knowing whether a person’s DNA is more likely to respond positively or negatively to certain therapeutics; and understanding gene expression patterns – knowing whether a gene is “turned on” or “turned off” are evolutionary keys to:
- Knowing whether a prescription drug therapy plan is working as intended, providing no clinical value, or causing harm
- Evaluating a person’s likely response to a life-changing treatment plan
- Confirming a Yes or No complex autoimmune diagnosis
In the truest sense of the word, today’s breakthroughs in diagnostic information technology are elevating the health system’s ability to provide the most effective care, at the most appropriate time at the most reasonable costs.
Join us for a dynamic panel discussion where we explore how the diagnostic information technology revolution is reshaping and redefining population health management. Game-changing companies located here in the southeast will represent the panel:
- Sano Informed Prescribing (thinksano.com) – Timothy P. Ryan, PhD, Founder, CEO/CSO, Sano Informed Prescribing
- IQuity (iquitylabs.com) – Drew Harmata, PhD, CEO
- NextDxGx (nextgxdx.com) – Gillian Hooker, PhD, CGC, Vice President, Clinical Development
- RBConsulting (teamrbcmarketing.com) – Robert Berra, Principal